Monday, October 06, 2008

Tropical Depression 13: October 6 Update A

I know, you probably have other things on your mind today. Like money.
The election. Why the world is round. Where did the Dolphins really go
when they left Earth (Hitchikers Guide To The Galaxy). And other such
pressing issues of the day.

But just in case you run out of things to chat about, TD 13 formed from
a blob of clouds and stuff (technical term ;)) over the Bay of Campeche
earlier today and is at 19.2N, 94.4W. This blob is moving WNW near
10mph. Winds at the 1pm advisory were near 35 mph, central pressure
about 1007mb. A plane is investigating this at the moment. From the
satellite images, it looks like a Tropical Storm to me. A itsy bitsy one
though. There is some circulation and convection and water temperatures
are around 27-29 deg C down. Satellite winds look like they are about 40
mph.

So if the NHC agree, this will be TS Marco... going towards Mexico. I
think we'll agree with this one, as they also have it forecast to become
a TS before landfall. (Yes, I do agree with them sometimes you know ;) ).

I'll send out another update tomorrow, unless there's some "Breaking
News"... I can't remember the last time we had anything dramatic going
on though.
J.

Blogs archived at: http://www.jyotikastorms.blogspot.com/
-------------------------------
DISCLAIMER: These remarks are just what I think/see regarding tropical
storms - not the opinion of any organization I represent. If you are
making an evacuation decision, please heed your local emergency management
and the National Hurricane Center's official forecast and the National
Weather Service announcements. This is not an official forecast. If I "run
away, run away" (Monty Python), I'll let you know.
-------------------------------------------

No comments: