Thursday, June 02, 2011

June 2: Update A

That blobette that was east of Florida did, indeed, move westward across the Florida peninsula yesterday and is now producing some rainy weather over the Gulf. There is very little circulation, so it doesn't look like it will develop into anything. As it crossed the state it produced the expected squally tropical weather. Here is a photo of the lovely lovely clouds in the first squall line coming through St. Petersburg (at 1.22pm), taken by moi (I'm so multi-talented, aren't I? ;-)) with my iPhone from my office window. Aww... look at that lovely little boat, happily anchored and bobbing in the water, waiting for the weather to improve...

...17 minutes later... video footage of the same scene (also by me & my iPhone) as the squall was overhead.




I think it goes something like this:

Big Ship: $!*&!! where did that little boat come from?
Little Boat: $!*&!! where did that big ship come from?
Big Ship: move little boaty, move!
Little Boat: eeek, stuck! eeek!
Big Ship: move move little boaty!
Little Ship: cut anchor, hit sea wall, stay put, hit big ship... rock and a hard place. stuck!
Big Ship: time for three-point turn. i practiced this in driving school. run away, run away...

From where I was, I could hear the people on the ship shouting ‘get out of the way’. Fortunately the captain & crew of the bigger vessel did some quick thinking and no one was injured!

So that's what the first tropical blobette of the season got up to in my neck of the woods.

For those who asked about how to follow my escapades as a Twit, click on http://twitter.com/#!/JyovianStorm (I think ;-)).

All else looks groovy out there. :-)

Ciao,
J.

p.s. my first blog video!!! It only took me about 8 hours to get this in here. Thanks Ben A. for the help! :-) The world is now my oyster. Again.

-------------------------------
DISCLAIMER:
These remarks are just what I think/see regarding tropical storms - not the opinion of any organization I represent. If you are making an evacuation decision, please heed your local emergency management and the National Hurricane Center's official forecast and the National Weather Service announcements. This is not an official forecast. If I "run away, run away" (Monty Python), I'll let you know.
-------------------------------------------

No comments: