Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tropical Storm Lorenzo: October 22, Update A

Like any good Time Lord, I am traveling through space and time this week so I don't have much time (ha!) to write about storms. But it's ok because TS Lorenzo, who made an appearance yesterday, is hanging out in the Atlantic sipping his manly pina coladas and won't really be making landfall. :-)

Currently he is at 29.4N, 51.2W, heading E at 8mph. Officially winds are 50mph, central pressure is 1003mb. I think he's a bit stronger than that because the convection is pretty good and there is very strong circulation in the lower half of the troposphere:

I'd say he was more in the 60mph range actually. The forecast has him becoming a Tropical Depression by Thursday afternoon. He is moving into an area of very strong wind shear, which will most certainly knock his socks off (if the pina coladas don't ;-)).  

I actually have to work in this new time zone this week (I know, work, can you believe it?!?) so Lorenzo, although you are Swirling in a sea of stars, Twirling to the strum of guitars, No one tangos quite the way you do, But now my dancing days with you are through! (Pink Martini, And Then You're Gone). ;-)

Ok, must run. My TARDIS awaits!
Aloha,
J.

Blogs archived at http://jyotikastorms.blogspot.com/
Twitter
@JyovianStorm

-------------------------------

DISCLAIMER: These remarks are just what I think/see regarding tropical storms - not the opinion of any organization I represent. If you are making an evacuation decision, please heed your local emergency management and the National Hurricane Center's official forecast and the National Weather Service announcements. This is not an official forecast. If I "run away, run away" (Monty Python), I'll let you know.
-----------------------------

No comments: