Saturday, September 23, 2006

Hurricane Helene: September 23, Update A

Well she's still a hurricane, and a good sized cat 1 at that, with winds
of 90mph. She's definitely over cooler waters, so now she's what I would
consider to be more extratropical than tropical, and therefore her
intensity is being maintained by the atmosphere more than the ocean.
Cloud tops are low, there is dry air well within the system - so she's a
windy thing with a bit of rain perhaps.

She's heading towards northern Europe. My brother told me this morning
that what was left of Gordon brought about 2 drops of rain but he did
make the surfers up there happy with the windy conditions at sea.

Assuming the other big blob (sorry about this highly scientific jargon I
keep using) in the Atlantic doesn't develop into anything, I think I'll
take the day off tomorrow. Have a lovely weekend.
J.
------------------------------------------------------
DISCLAIMER:
These remarks are just what I think/see regarding tropical storms (my
storm blog). If you are making an evacuation decision, please heed your
local emergency management and the National Hurricane Center's official
forecast. This is not an official forecast.
------------------------------------------------------

No comments: