Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tropical Depression Richard: October 26, Update A

Hullo out there!
 
After becoming a hurricane a couple of days ago, Richard made landfall in Belize as a cat 1 storm with winds of 90mph (cat 1 range: 74-95mph) and central pressure of 981mb. He's crossed the Yucatan and is now a Tropical Depression in the Bay of Campeche in the Gulf of Mexico. Current location is around 20.2N, 93W, and he's moving NW at 10mph. Winds are 30mph and central pressure is 1005mb. It looks like he'll fizzle out over the Gulf. Although there is still some decent lower level circulation, there is very little convection.
 
This is my last entry on this system.
 
This is also my last entry from the UK for this hurricane season! I've had a fabulous 14 months here during which time I walked over 200 miles, drove over 22,000 miles, flew over 32,000 miles, took over 3200 photos and had lots of adventures. Tomorrow I fly across the pond, so the next time I write will be from Florida. Time for a new adventure, but first... a cup of tea! (of course) ;-)
 
Tally ho and toodle pip,
J.
 
Blog archives at http://jyotikastorms.blogspot.com/
Twitter @JyovianStorm

-------------------------------------------
DISCLAIMER:
These remarks are just what I think/see regarding tropical storms - not the opinion of any organization I represent. If you are making an evacuation decision, please heed your local emergency management and the National Hurricane Center's official forecast and the National Weather Service announcements. This is not an official forecast. If I was there and was going to "run away, run away" (Monty Python), I'll let you know.
-------------------------------------------



No comments: