Monday, August 26, 2013

Ex-Tropical Depression Fernand: August 26, Update A

Warning: do not read or discuss this if you are in proximity to any 5-year olds with access to the Mamma Mia soundtrack unless you really really really like ABBA! ;-)

Tropical Storm Fernand(o) behaved as expected… the NHC named him at 6.45pm CDT and by 11.45pm CDT they said he had made landfall about 40km NNW of Veracruz, Mexico. Estimated winds were 50mph at landfall, which means he officially went from a no-name Tropical Depression to a mid-strength storm in 5 hours, whilst interacting with land… ha, I don’t think so! Anyhoo, he is now officially ‘dissipated’ (too much tequila will do that to anyone! ;-)).  A very short lived Tropical Storm, but I still got my ABBA post in (heeheehee ß evil laughter).

How many ABBA song titles did you spot in yesterday's masterpiece? The answer is 18 (I think)…

1. Slipping Through My Fingers
2. Does Your Mother Know?
3. Another Town, Another Train
4. Arrival
5. I do, I do, I do, I do, I do
6. If It Wasn’t For The Nights
7. I Have A Dream (I think that line has already been taken)
8. Sitting In The Palmtree
9. When All Is Said And Done
10. The Name Of The Game
11. Watch Out
12. On And On And On (a bit like these ABBA songs)
13. Knowing Me, Knowing You
14. The Way Old Friends Do
15. So Long (yes, this list certainly is!)
16. Move On
17. Hasta Manana
18. Fernando (of course! ;-)).

Now to play ABBA Gold…

… again. J

This dancing queen will be back when the next blobette (Gabrielle) makes an appearance.

Toodle pip!
J.

Blogs archived at http://jyotikastorms.blogspot.com/
Twitter @JyovianStorm

-------------------------------
DISCLAIMER: These remarks are just what I think/see regarding tropical storms - not the opinion of any organization I represent. If you are making an evacuation decision, please heed your local emergency management and the National Hurricane Center's official forecast and the National Weather Service announcements. This is not an official forecast. If I "run away, run away" (Monty Python), I'll let you know.
-----------------------------

No comments: