Saturday, July 04, 2009

Atlantic Blob: July 4 Update A

I thought I'd better write in case you thought I'd fallen asleep! There's
a blob out there in the Atlantic but it's unlikely to develop much unless
wind shear dies down.

It has excellent circulation (the best we've seen so far this year),
centered at about 31N, 38W, and is moving in a general east-southeast
direction. But wind shear is quite strong so the little convection it has
is all to the east of the circulation. In the early hours of this morning
wind shear had died down a bit and it looked more like a 'proper' storm,
but that was very short-lived and its fallen apart again.

I'll keep an eye on it, but unless things look like they'll develop I
won't be sending out another note on this blob.

Happy July 4th to my American friends! Cup of tea anyone? ;)
J.

Blog entries archived at: http://www.jyotikastorms.blogspot.com/

-------------------------------------------
DISCLAIMER:
These remarks are just what I think/see regarding tropical storms - not
the opinion of any organization I represent. If you are making an
evacuation decision, please heed your local emergency management and the
National Hurricane Center's official forecast and the National Weather
Service announcements. This is not an official forecast. If I "run away,
run away" (Monty Python), I'll let you know.
-------------------------------------------

No comments: