Monday, August 08, 2016

Gulf of Mexico Blobette and Atlantic Blob: August 7, Update A

Things I would like to share since yesterday:

a. Tropical Storm Javier is, indeed, churning away in the eastern Pacific as expected. Alas, mudslides from Tropical Storm Earl did a lot of damage - rain caused mudslides in Mexico that unfortunately resulted in loss of life. :-(

b. There was rain over Florida, Alabama, and a few other states in the Southeastern US, but the Gulf of Mexico Blobette has moved over land and therefore should vanish 
c. The Atlantic Blob isn't doing too much either.
d. The movie Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is a remake!!! I own a DVD of that movie because I like it so much... so how come, after all these years, I did not know this?? The original, Bedtime Story, starred David Niven, Marlon Brando, and Shirley Jones. How can I get my paws on this?!? (apparently not through Netflix streaming...). 
e. The Olympics are fabulous!

That's about it. I'll be back when Tropical Storm Fiona looks like she's going to make an appearance. Or possibly before.  

Toodle Pip!
J.  

Blogs archived at http://jyotikastorms.blogspot.com/
Twitter @JyovianStorm

-------------------------------
DISCLAIMER: These remarks are just what I think/see regarding tropical storms - not the opinion of any organization I represent. If you are making an evacuation decision, please heed your local emergency management and the National Hurricane Center's official forecast and the National Weather Service announcements. This is not an official forecast. If I "run away, run away" (Monty Python), I'll let you know.

No comments: