Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tropical Storm Bonnie: July 22, Update B

The NHC just upgraded TD3 to Tropical Storm Bonnie, based on further information from a reconnaissance aircraft. Maximum wind speeds are now 40 mph (TS range: 39-73 mph), making her only just a Tropical Storm. Central pressure is 1005mb. She's still moving in a NW direction at 14mph, and their revised center location is 22.9N, 75.4W.
 
The only other change I see is that convection is picking up slightly again, which backs the increase in wind speed.
 
Next update from me tomorrow. Really. I mean it this time. ;-)
 
Good night from this side of the pond!
J.
 
Blog archives at http://jyotikastorms.blogspot.com/

-------------------------------------------
DISCLAIMER:
These remarks are just what I think/see regarding tropical storms - not the opinion of any organization I represent. If you are making an evacuation decision, please heed your local emergency management and the National Hurricane Center's official forecast and the National Weather Service announcements. This is not an official forecast. If I was there and was going to "run away, run away" (Monty Python), I'll let you know.
-------------------------------------------

No comments: