Saturday, July 30, 2011

Tropical Depression Don: July 29, Update B

Tropical Storm Don deteriorated rapidly before officially making landfall, so he was just a Tropical Depression with winds of 35mph (central pressure 1006mb) when he made landfall in Baffin Bay at around 10 pm local time. His convection collapsed within 3 or so hours, and all that is left of him now are some clouds and small pockets of rain as shown in the IR satellite image taken about 1-1.5 hours after landfall.



Although the NHC say he will dissipate in a day or so, I am writing him off now… it’s a Saturday tomorrow, and I have fun Saturday sorts of things to do instead. Like dishes. And laundry. And vacuuming. And other such exciting things. It’s ok, you can admit it, you are envious aren’t you? ;-)

This is my last entry on this system… I’m done with Don! Hurray!! J   

That’s it until the next system, which once it forms will go by the name ‘Emily’.   

Toodle Pippy!
J.

Blogs archived at http://jyotikastorms.blogspot.com/
Twitter @JyovianStorm

-------------------------------
DISCLAIMER:These remarks are just what I think/see regarding tropical storms - not the opinion of any organization I represent. If you are making an evacuation decision, please heed your local emergency management and the National Hurricane Center's official forecast and the National Weather Service announcements. This is not an official forecast. If I "run away, run away" (Monty Python), I'll let you know.
------------------------------------------

No comments: