Monday, June 14, 2010

Atlantic Blob: June 14 Update A

"Bit of a busy day today, I'm afraid. Distressingly little time for sloth or idleness." (Oscar Wilde) :-)

So, fortunately for me, there's not much to say about this Atlantic blob ... other than it looks a little worse for wear today than it did yesterday. Even though it's over warm waters (in the 28-29 deg C range), the circulation and convection has definitely decreased this evening. This might be because the wind shear started to pick up (a fraction) and there continues to be dry air all around. From satellite images, it looks like it is heading in a north-westward direction and the center is somewhere near 11N, 42W.

However, it is still trying to develop (pesky little blob!) and I will continue to keep an eye on it. I'll be back with an update tomorrow.

Have a nice day! (as they say in America ;-) ).
Ciao for now,
J.

-------------------------------------------
DISCLAIMER:
These remarks are just what I think/see regarding tropical storms - not the opinion of any organization I represent. If you are making an evacuation decision, please heed your local emergency management and the National Hurricane Center's official forecast and the National Weather Service announcements. This is not an official forecast. If I "run away, run away" (Monty Python), I'll let you know.
-------------------------------------------

No comments: