Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Atlantic Blob: June 15 Update A

If the season has to be busy, can it please be full of blobs like this? :-) It created a small ruckus and is now just happily twirling away, minding it's own business.

It doesn't have much convection, just some low level circulation. It's centered at about 13N, 45W, heading WNW at 10-15 mph. The water underneath is still warm water (28-29 deg C), but the wind shear continues to pick up and there is still dry air around. I had an email about African Dust today - there is, indeed, a Sarahan Air Layer blowing off Africa, but it's not really in the vicinity of this little blob. To look at African Dust, click here: http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/tropic2/real-time/salmain.php?&prod=splitEW&time (from U. Wisconsin - CIMSS).

I'll keep an eye on it, but I suspect this will be my last entry on this blob. Hurray!! One down... er... 20 something to go? (ha ha ha... no, surely not!)

Until the next time...
(Go England! ;-) )
Toodle pip!

J.

p.s. if you have any questions, let me know!

Blog archives at http://jyotikastorms.blogspot.com/

-------------------------------------------
DISCLAIMER:
These remarks are just what I think/see regarding tropical storms - not the opinion of any organization I represent. If you are making an evacuation decision, please heed your local emergency management and the National Hurricane Center's official forecast and the National Weather Service announcements. This is not an official forecast. If I "run away, run away" (Monty Python), I'll let you know.
-------------------------------------------

No comments: