Friday, October 22, 2010

Tropical Storm Richard: October 22, Update A

A short entry due to lack of time - just a place holder really, for the records. 
 
TS Richard has a lot of convection, especially for something that's only a weak TS with winds of 45mph (range: 39-73mph). Central pressure is still officially quite high at 1007mb and he's also pretty disorganized so I still can't quite see a good center of circulation. Vorticity is good in the lowest half of the troposphere. I still think he's stronger than a weak TS, but not as strong as a hurricane. The official location is 15.8N, 82.3W and he's moving W at a slow 5mph. Hmm.. I think this location indicates a more WSW movement, but generally he's heading towards that central America region of Honduras & the Yucatan.
 
That's all for today. I won't have much computer time over the next few days but I might be able to throw some random words together. Shakespeare did and look where it got him. ;-)
 
Ciao!
J.
 
Blog archives at http://jyotikastorms.blogspot.com/
Twitter @JyovianStorm

-------------------------------------------
DISCLAIMER:
These remarks are just what I think/see regarding tropical storms - not the opinion of any organization I represent. If you are making an evacuation decision, please heed your local emergency management and the National Hurricane Center's official forecast and the National Weather Service announcements. This is not an official forecast. If I was there and was going to "run away, run away" (Monty Python), I'll let you know.
-------------------------------------------


No comments: