Saturday, September 22, 2007

[Jyo_hurricane] TD 10: September 22, Update A

Tropical Depression? what tropical depression? According to the NHC, TD 10
made official landfall near Fort Walton Beach (FL) about four hours after
I sent out the previous note. The only revelation I have to report since
yesterday is that what I thought was the Panama City area actually turns
out to be the Fort Walton Beach area. Oops. Sorry panhandle residents -
hey, at least I can locate the US on a map. ;)

So landfall was where I said it looked like it was happening, just four
hours before official landfall (I was clearly caught in a time loop
thingy...now if only I could figure out how to "see" the lottery numbers).

It is/was still a rain event, so I expect there are a lot of soggy leaves
out there.

This is my last entry on TD 10.

On to other things. For those of you who like to look at the satellite
images on a daily basis because it is "fun", there are a number of things
the NHC are keeping an eye on. Some of them don't look like developing to
me, and none of them are formally TDs yet. At least two that I will be
watching include:
1. a broad area of convection (a lot of convection) in the northwestern
Caribbean, which has some circulation. It's sort of moving over the
Yucatan peninsula at the moment.
2. way way out in the eastern Atlantic, south of the Cape Verde Islands is
an area of circulation and convection. It is very broad, but roughly in
the vicinity of 8N, 22W.

I have to go now and concentrate on those winning lottery numbers. Have a
good weekend. ;)
J.
-------------------------------
DISCLAIMER:
These remarks are just what I think/see regarding tropical storms - not
the opinion of any organization I represent. If you are making an
evacuation decision, please heed your local emergency management and the
National Hurricane Center's official forecast and the National Weather
Service announcements. This is not an official forecast. If I "run away,
run away" (Monty Python), I'll let you know.
-------------------------------------------


_______________________________________________
Jyo_Hurricane mailing list
Jyo_Hurricane@marine.usf.edu
http://seas.marine.usf.edu/mailman/listinfo/jyo_hurricane

No comments: