Friday, September 21, 2007

[Jyo_hurricane] Tropical Depression 10: September 21, Update A

TD 10 was formally designated earlier today, but it is still a very
poorly defined system. The upper level low is to the south of the
"center of circulation" - I put that in quotes because it is not easy to
see where that is. From the satellite images, it looks like the center
is already making landfall in the region around or just east of Panama
City in Florida, but as I said it is tricky finding the center. Not that
it matters where the center is because most of the rainfall activity is
away from it, as you can see from any satellite images. This is not a
wind event but a rain-storm event.

Luckily it didn't get too close to the Loop Current at all, so it
remained a minor system. :)

Not much more to say at the moment. It will bring rain along the
northern Gulf coast. Winds at 2pm EST were about 35 mph and it was
moving at 11mph in a northwestward direction.

If there's any change or I have some amazing revelation that I
absolutely have to share with you all, I'll send another note out later.

Otherwise, tomorrow. :)
J.

-------------------------------
DISCLAIMER:
These remarks are just what I think/see regarding tropical storms - not
the opinion of any organization I represent. If you are making an
evacuation decision, please heed your local emergency management and the
National Hurricane Center's official forecast and the National Weather
Service announcements. This is not an official forecast. If I "run away,
run away" (Monty Python), I'll let you know.
-------------------------------------------


_______________________________________________
Jyo_Hurricane mailing list
Jyo_Hurricane@marine.usf.edu
http://seas.marine.usf.edu/mailman/listinfo/jyo_hurricane

No comments: