Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tropical Depression 8: August 15, Update A

This evening my random movie to watch (chosen by a friend) is Moonstruck. It's been years since I've seen this! Ok, it's not so random ... what do 'Jaws' and 'Moonstruck' (and 'Up') have in common? (something other than they are one-word movie titles). Answer tomorrow! :-)

Our little Atlantic Blobette found some new high-heeled shoes and is now Tropical Depression 8, and well on her way to er...hmm...  having a gender change and becoming Tropical Storm Gordon! 

Her/his circulation has improved since yesterday (although it took a little dip in the last few hours). Her/his convection has shown a less impressive improvement, which I would expect because s/he is still in a region of dry air and there was some wind sheer today. His (it'll do) center is at about 30N, 55.1W, central pressure is estimated to be 1013mb by the NHC  and winds are estimated to be 35mph. As expected, he shifted from a NW trajectory to a northward trajectory. He is moving northward at 18mph, and is expected to turn NE by tomorrow afternoon. I agree with this track forecast. He is also forecast to be a Tropical Storm by tomorrow. I think he is already one. 

That's it for now. It's the Opera scene. I like opera. :-)
Toddles!
J.

ps, Sent from my iPad (ooh, aaah :-)... this really does make things easier than writing from my phone, although Apple needs to get with the program so I can watch satellite images in flash!)

Twitter @JyovianStorm

------------------------------- 
DISCLAIMER: These remarks are just what I think/see regarding tropical storms - not the opinion of any organization I represent. If you are making an evacuation decision, please heed your local emergency management and the National Hurricane Center's official forecast and the National Weather Service announcements. This is not an official forecast. If I "run away, run away" (Monty Python), I'll let you know. 
------------------------------

No comments: