Thursday, August 20, 2015

Hurricane Danny: August 20, Update A

Here I am, waiting for yet another flight - 3rd in 3 days... I'm on a roll, which is also what Danny-boy is on!

I agree with the upgrade to Hurricane Danny today. He did have an eye, which he has since lost, but because another clue is that his circulation (vorticity) signal is all the way to the upper troposphere and it has improved since I first saw a glimpse a couple of days ago. It doesn't look like he will strengthen too much more in the next few hours.


He is currently at 13N, 47.5W. Central pressure is 990mb, and winds are 80mph, which makes him a good size cat 1 storm (cat 1: 74-95mph). Officially he is moving WNW at 10mph. It looks to me like he is moving more NW, which means the track may move to the north. Central pressure is 990mb, and winds are 80mph, which makes him a good size cat 1 storm (cat 1: 74-95h). For the track, as I said yesterday, the NHC has been good at forecasting 1-2 days out, but after that it could change... so whether he passes over the northeast Caribbean, or even farther north, we will know tomorrow. Best to keep an eye on him if you are in the Caribbean/US east coast/Bermuda!

Eek... boarding now! Must run. Back tomorrow!
J.

Blogs archived at http://jyotikastorms.blogspot.com/
Twitter @JyovianStorm
-------------------------------
DISCLAIMER: These remarks are just what I think/see regarding tropical storms - not the opinion of any organization I represent. If you are making an evacuation decision, please heed your local emergency management and the National Hurricane Center's official forecast and the National Weather Service announcements. This is not an official forecast. If I "run away, run away" (Monty Python), I'll let you know.
-----------------------------




No comments: