Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tropical Storm Dolly: July 24 Update A

Dolly is pretty weak now, with winds of 45 mph (TS: 39-73mph) and
weakening steadily. Her center of circulation just crossed into Mexico
and is at about 27.7N, 100W heading W-NW at 9mph. She still has some
rain, mostly in the northeast quadrant - over Texas, but that is also
diminishing. Not much more to say about her. So this is my last entry on
this system - I'm Done with Dolly. :)

For you crazy kids who decided it was a good idea to go to places like
Puerto Rico and the Keys during hurricane season, there's an area of
circulation out in the Atlantic, centered around 17N, 36W. Although the
circulation is good, there is not much water vapor in it at the moment.
It has been traveling over sea surface temperatures of ~25 deg C, which
is too cold for much to happen, but it is about to cross into a region
with 26 deg C temperatures. I'll keep an eye on it, but I did a rough
estimate of its forward motion and if anything does develop (which
doesn't look likely at the moment) I think you'll be back from those
respective places in time. So have fun. I'm not going to write about
this until there's something more substantial.

That's all for now folks. (woo-hoo... time for a nap before the
hurricane season *really* begins... ;) )
J.

Blogs archived at: http://www.jyotikastorms.blogspot.com/
------------------------------------------
DISCLAIMER:
These remarks are just what I think/see regarding tropical storms - not
the opinion of any organization I represent. If you are making an
evacuation decision, please heed your local emergency management and
the National Hurricane Center's official forecast and the National Weather
Service announcements. This is not an official forecast. If I "run away,
run away" (Monty Python), I'll let you know.
-------------------------------------------

No comments: