Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tropical Storm Omar: October 16 Update C

As expected, he's been downgraded to a TS in the 11pm advisory - although
they say he probably became a TS a few hours earlier. Winds are near
70mph, central pressure estimated to be 987mb. I'll go along with that cos
I'm feeling lazy :) Current location near 24N, 58W, he's moving along at a
fast 25 mph in a NE direction into the Atlantic... that's right mister,
you better be running away. He's not looking very tropical at all now.

More tomorrow...
J.

Blogs archived at: http://www.jyotikastorms.blogspot.com/
-------------------------------
DISCLAIMER: These remarks are just what I think/see regarding tropical
storms - not the opinion of any organization I represent. If you are
making an evacuation decision, please heed your local emergency management
and the National Hurricane Center's official forecast and the National
Weather Service announcements. This is not an official forecast. If I "run
away, run away" (Monty Python), I'll let you know.
-------------------------------------------

No comments: